Hayes Software Systems’ mission is to empower school administrators and impact the lives of as many students as we can. Since launching in 1990, we now support over 6 million students across 32 states. This includes serving 30 of the largest 100 school districts in the country. We transform school operations with efficient and accountable asset inventory management oversight with infrastructure, software, professional development, and consulting expertise to control the use of technology and instructional resources in the classroom.
Our success is the result of our amazing staff, culture of collaboration, and focus on customer success. Sales reps share ideas with software engineers, project managers work alongside the customer support team (sometimes literally on the treadmill in our workout room), and customers assist in the development of new products. Team members also enjoy some of the many perks of our office environment, like our free drink and snack station or a quick nap in the office hammock room.
We’re looking to grow our teams with individuals who share an energy and passion for being the best at what they do and want a company to support their career growth. Combining our established reputation with a culture often associated with startups makes Hayes an environment for talented, energetic, and ambitious people to thrive. We are just getting started.
Network Administrator/Help Desk/Customer Support
Currently, we are seeking a full-time experienced Network Administrator/Help Desk/Customer Support professional to join our team in northwest Austin.
Responsible for designing, organizing, modifying, installing, and supporting a company’s computer systems. Maintain and improve XEN Servers and Help Desk system for small company with 30-40 employees. Provide tier 2 technical support of all customer facing applications through email and phone contact.
- Support network segments, Internet and intranet systems.
- Install and maintain network hardware and software.
- Analyze and isolate network issues.
- Maintain VOIP system and analyze and isolate VOIP issues.
- Proactively support users through Help Desk system.
- Administer servers, desktop computers, laptop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, phones, smartphones, software deployment, security updates and patches.
- Maintain web application hosted environments.
- Maintain Active Directory
- Onboard new hires
- Organize server backup system
- Expert in MS SQL Server
- Effectively document processes, procedures and best practices
- Ascertain and communicate customers’ situations and empathize with them while providing guidance via phone
- High attention to detail and quality
- Outgoing personality, easily able to interact with internal and external customers
- Proficient in MS office applications and experience with CRM
- Possess a passion for learning and instituting industry-leading support tactics and best practices
- 2-4 years’ experience in Network Administration
- 2-4 years Help Desk Support
- Proficient with XEN Server system
- Knowledge of Microsoft 365 including SharePoint and Exchange
- Knowledge of IIS a plus
- Medical/dental insurance
- Simple IRA with employer contribution
- Profit sharing plan
- 10+ days paid time off
- 10+ paid company holidays
- Free parking
- On-site childcare/fitness/food market/ATM machine
- Snacks and drinks provided
- Regular social office events
- Casual, energetic, fun and professional work environment
Please send resume and cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com
Content Marketing Strategist
We’re looking for a highly-motivated team player ready for a unique opportunity to help drive new campaign ideas to grow the sales pipeline. You’ll collaborate with marketing and sales team members to develop innovative marketing programs that increase brand awareness and drive prospects to conversions. This role will work your way into fully overseeing the content development process for landing pages, blog posts, press releases, videos, infographics, etc.
This is an amazing opportunity for someone who’s not afraid to be creative, take calculated risks, and initiate projects that our team has never done before to take their career and our business to the next level.
- Drive the development and execution of integrated marketing campaigns including objectives, themes, and metrics while also developing strategies to repurpose existing content in the most effective mediums
- Coordinate with sales and marketing peers to identify content gaps and opportunities for new and fresh ideas that will drive visits and conversions
- Build a collection of subject matter experts – guest bloggers, consultants, copywriters – to create additional compelling content
- Create a content strategy and editorial calendar including new and repurposed content
- Serve as a project manager for content production, from idea to completion, and report on the performance
- Research, choose, design, and manage live events (conferences, meetups, etc.), and ensure there is a cohesive pre-event, at-event, and post-event strategy to increase engagement and response rates
- Forecast, measure, analyze, and report impact of all marketing programs; course-correct as campaign execution unfolds
- Initiate A/B testing and other proactive testing strategies as part of a culture of continuous improvement
- Develop packaged programs that sales reps can activate in their territory in order to efficiently target their prospects
- Maintain awareness of new and innovative digital trends and tactics
- 2-4 years campaign management and content writing experience
- Possess a passion for content strategy as a discipline and customer experience as a shared mission
- Ability to learn quickly, manage multiple priorities and/or projects, and communicate effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to proactively collect, analyze, and draw conclusions from a wide variety of internal and external sources and individuals
- Think strategically, yet be able to problem-solve and drive tactical execution aligned to business goals
- Experience leveraging a CRM and marketing automation platform for segmentation and campaign execution
- Ability to learn/use Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Connect
- A creative mind
- Be a highly-organized, aggressive self-starter
- Outgoing personality, easily able to network with potential/current customers at all management levels
Benefits: Excellent Employee Benefits and Amenities: Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance • Simple IRA with Employer Contribution • Profit Sharing Plan • 10+ days paid time off • 10+ paid company holidays
Inside Sales Representative
Motivated? Like challenges? Enjoy working in teams? How about a sales career with Hayes?
Hayes Software Systems (“HSS”) develops, markets, sells and supports asset management and inventory control software and services for the K-12 school administration market.
With over 20 years in the industry, Hayes Software Systems is a dynamic and rapidly growing company, seeking talented and energetic people to join our team.
Due to rapid growth and increased demand for our software and consulting services, HSS is actively seeking an experienced sales professional to join our sales team.
As an Account Executive, you will be responsible for generating leads, responding to lead generation efforts, conducting web-based and on-site demonstrations, developing customer relationships, and driving new business within large districts and state agencies.
The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic, K-12 software/solutions sales experience with large, strategic accounts (both large districts as well as state agencies) and a desire to win. This position will maximize your sales skills and provide substantial financial rewards. This corporate culture attracts candidates who are results-oriented and interested in making an immediate impact in education as well as their own career.
- Responsible for all consultative sales activities from lead generation to close within assigned state territories
- Demonstrates the ability to achieve defined sales objectives while maintaining customer satisfaction.
- Effectively leads meetings and develops relationships with school district leaders including superintendents, CIO’s, CAO’s, etc.
- Demonstrates the ability to prospect for potential customers through referrals, email, cold calling and general networking practices.
- Collaborates with industry partners and internal teams to develop programs and offerings to best meet customer’s needs.
- Represents the company at industry conferences.
- Assists in the development of and presentation of company’s pricing and proposal models.
- Prepare written status reports for clients and present topics in meetings.
- Prepare materials for training seminars and workshops.
- Provide assistance in managing complex projects and/or producing sophisticated deliverables.
- Assist with preparation of other written reports and materials for clients
- Utilizes company tools, processes and procedures to achieve desired results
- Bachelor’s degree and proficient PC skills required
- Ability to sell technology/software/consulting solutions
- Willingness to travel nationally
- Proven ability to achieve sales quotas
In addition to the above, we seek candidates who possess:
- outstanding communication skills
- the ability to work well independently as well as being an active participant in a team
- a strong customer service orientation
- an interest in public sector program delivery systems
- strong financial, quantitative and administrative skills
- demonstrated computer skills
- a strong work ethic
- high professional and ethical standards
- a belief and commitment to lifelong learning
Salary: $35-45k (based on experience/knowledge) + $15k-50k+ in potential commissions
Benefits: Excellent employee benefits and amenities: medical/dental insurance • Simple IRA with employer contribution • profit sharing plan • 10+ days paid time off • 10+ paid company holidays • free parking • on-site childcare/fitness/food market/ATM machine • snacks and drinks provided • regular social office events • casual and professional work environment in Northwest Austin
Sales and Marketing Analyst Internship
Immediate intern is needed to join with a team at Hayes Software Systems in the Austin, TX area. This is a hands-on internship - no running for coffee here. This internship will focus around the data management and reporting needs of our sales, services, and marketing teams. Daily tasks will include the mining and collation of data useful to the team’s strategic goals in order to support business development efforts.
WHY WE NEED YOU: Most of our team members have backgrounds in communications/writing/design/marketing/sales, but our ideal candidate for this position would be someone who can leverage analytics and metrics to scale up our impact. The position provides support to other staff with administrative tasks and activities including, but not limited to:
- Online data mining and creation of analytics, metrics, and KPIs.
- Perform analysis of marketing and sales data for weekly, monthly, quarterly reports; contribute to strategy
- Data entry and database management (cleansing/verification/standardization)
- Create presentations/content for team members and executive leadership
- Troubleshooting errors and implementing system enhancements
- Responsible for performing research and providing insights regarding the market, trends, competitors, potential and existing customers, and current campaigns
- 3.0 GPA minimum preferred
- Degree focus on Finance/Business/Statistics/Economics with data analytics interest or specialty
- Hands on experience with Excel (pivot tables, vlookup, graphs)
- Ability to leverage large amounts of disparate data sources
- Extremely organized and excellent attention to detail
- Outside-the-box problem solving skills