We’re looking for a solid business analyst with the ability to get things done in a high-growth environment. More than anything else, we’re looking for aptitude and attitude. Whether you have 2 or 10 years of experience, if you’ve got a proven track record of taking on complex projects and finding a way to succeed, you’re the kind of person we’re looking for. If you’ve got a desire to learn, grow, and take on the challenge of helping our customers define, document, and communicate the technical details around our integrations and data conversion solutions, you’re the kind of person we’re looking for. If you look at complex projects in a fast-moving environment as something that is fun to solve or even a personal challenge for you to conquer, you’re the kind of person we’re looking for. If you’re looking for a place to learn and grow with a great team of people, where high expectations will be set and you can expand your skill set quickly by taking on new challenges, you’re the kind of person we’re looking for.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Manage multiple projects across multiple phases by owning the inputs and managing deliverables.
- Clearly articulate customer needs to the team so collaborative problem solving is possible.
- Work closely with other departments to develop, deploy, and maintain tools and products that improve our ability to meet customer needs.
- Articulate how our customers use our software and the implications of the variables that can be manipulated.
- Think through the implications of changes to customer needs and articulate those implications to the project team.
- Work with the project team to analyze the options and variables available with a data set, so effective choices can be made and risk can be mitigated.
- Accurately predict and quote the time it will take to complete a task based on assumptions you help identify.
- Define User Acceptance test to ensure the product meets the project goals.
- Identify the root causes on issues and clearly articulate the cause, the scope of the risk, and ways to mitigate the risk moving forward.
- Understand and articulate the impact and interaction of other tools on the options available to our customers.
- Document and train on best practices as solutions to customers’ needs are implemented.
- Understand how our product is used by our customers and apply that knowledge to help find solutions to customer needs.
- Consistently identify needs that clients may not recognize and ensure approaches and solutions are linked to objectives and future needs.
- Consistently manage client expectations, ensure delivery of the highest quality technical solution, and solicit and act on client feedback.
- Responsible for thinking through and working with a team to solve our customers’ challenges importing and extracting data from our products.
- Documenting goals, expectations, and deliverables so that the customer believes they got what they expected and remembers why they wanted it developed that way six months after it was delivered.
- Work to establish efficient processes, practices, and programs that take project management at Hayes to the next level.
- Identify patterns, shortcuts, efficiencies that can reduce the overhead of project execution while maintaining quality deliverables that our customers have come to expect.
- Creatively solve issues so we can effectively complete the project and delight the customer
Desired Skills and Experience
- The ability to thrive in a fast-moving environment where the group’s priorities and your tasks at hand can change often and rapidly.
- The ability to approach all tasks, no matter how repetitive or small-seeming, with an almost obsessive attention to detail.
- High organizational skills – you should be very organized, enjoy a challenge, and like bringing order to chaos.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
Proven track record of:
- Explaining complex systems in a way that allows options to be understood and decisions to be reached.
- Eliminating manual intervention by enhancing tools or identifying patterns that can be automated.
- Identifying and solving the true issue or meta problem rather than simply addressing symptoms.
- Mastering the tools and understanding the interactions of the variables to solve problems.
- Using broad, if not deep, technical knowledge to analyze the situation and create clarity around the problem and the solution, then translating for people with very different paradigms and technical experience.
- Challenging the way things have always been done in a way that allows people to work through alternative solutions.
About the Company
We believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work and inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. We count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
We have been developing, marketing, selling and supporting software applications for education administration for 25 years. We are a team of professionals with diverse personalities all dedicated to the same goals.
We believe that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. This position description is designed to outline primary duties and job scope, but not limit the incumbent nor the organization to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors. You will have the opportunity to work with a team that has a track record of success through collaborative problem solving. You will have the opportunity to participate in creating and deploying new solutions while you learn from people that are the best at what they do.
Excellent employee benefits and amenities:
- Medical/dental insurance
- Simple IRA with employer contribution
- profit sharing plan
- 10+ days paid time off
- 10+ paid company holidays
- free parking
- On-site childcare/fitness/food market/ATM machine
- Snacks and drinks provided
- Regular social office events
- Casual and professional work environment in northwest Austin
Inside Sales Representative
Due to rapid growth and increased demand for our software and consulting services, HSS is actively seeking an experienced sales professional to join our sales team.
As an Inside Account Executive, you will be responsible for generating leads, responding to lead generation efforts, conducting web-based and on-site demonstrations, developing customer relationships, and driving new business.
The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic, with lead gen and cold calling experience. This corporate culture attracts candidates who are results-oriented and interested in making an immediate impact in education as well as their own career.
- Responsible for prospecting and lead generation activities.
- Demonstrates the ability to achieve defined sales objectives while maintaining customer satisfaction.
- Can effectively prospect to superintendents, CIO’s, CAO’s, etc.
- Demonstrates the ability to prospect for potential customers through referrals, email, cold calling and general networking practices.
- Collaborates with industry partners and internal teams to develop programs and offerings to best meet customer’s needs.
- Represents the company at industry conferences.
- Assists in the development of and presentation of company’s pricing and proposal models.
- Prepare written status reports for clients and present topics in meetings.
- Utilizes company tools, processes and procedures to achieve desired results
- Bachelor’s degree and proficient PC skills required.
- 1-4 years experience in an inside sales capacity.
- Ability to sell technology/software/consulting solutions.
- Willingness to travel nationally once per month.
- Proven ability to achieve sales and activity quotas.
In addition to the above, we seek candidates who possess:
- outstanding communication skills
- the ability to work well independently as well as being an active participant in a team
- a strong customer service orientation
- an interest in public sector program delivery systems
- strong financial, quantitative and administrative skills
- demonstrated computer skills
- a strong work ethic
- high professional and ethical standards
- a belief and commitment to lifelong learning
Salary: $35k-$45k (based on experience/knowledge) + $10k-$25k potential in commission and bonuses
Benefits: Excellent employee benefits and amenities: medical/dental insurance • Simple IRA with employer contribution • profit sharing plan • 10+ days paid time off • 10+ paid company holidays • free parking • on-site childcare/fitness/food market/ATM machine • snacks and drinks provided • regular social office events • casual and professional work environment in Northwest Austin
Please send resumes to: Matt Winebright email@example.com