Hayes Software Systems develops, markets, sells and supports software and services for the K-12 school administration market.
As a dynamic and rapidly growing company, Hayes Software Systems is seeking talented, dedicated people to join our team. Hayes Software Systems staff come from a variety of backgrounds yet we all share some essential qualities, the most important being a passion for supporting our software users by any means possible.
Data Integration Specialist
Do you enjoy solving puzzles? Are you detail-oriented? Do you want to help improve processes around an existing product? Are you passionate about working with data? If so, read on because we are currently seeking a Data Integration Specialist to join our Operations team.
The Data Integration Specialist works on Technical Professional Service engagements for our clients that can include configuring web service integrations leveraging an ETL application, designing custom solutions to import legacy client data, and building custom reports and data extractions. As part of the Data Integrations team, you will have the opportunity to apply your existing database and ETL knowledge to help us build and improve processes in order to significantly grow the business.
- Ability to examine and determine various data set file formats, data field separation mechanism, and database import/export approaches
- Support multiple projects by designing and developing ETL routines
- Program data import, data analysis, data export, and reporting applications with software tools that work in disparate systems
- Proficiency with Structure Query Language (SQL) syntax and operation
- Demonstrate skills and knowledge of relational database management system, e.g.. Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle Database Server, and others
- Ability to prepare data flow diagram and data mapping documentation
- Engage in data-driven problem solving
- Participate in the requirements gathering process for the data portion of the project
- Work with clients remotely, via phone and email, to ensure the proper data is retrieved for the project and that the configurations are setup properly prior to the integration
- Work with Analysts and Business Users to translate functional specifications into technical designs for implementation and deployment.
- Meet timelines and ensure data is prepared, integrated and configured within the specified time period
- Use business judgment to guide analysis, draw implications from analysis and synthesize into clear communications
- This position requires organizational skills, customer focus and a logical thought process
- Build extensible data acquisition and integration solutions to meet the functional and non-functional requirements of the business.
- Analyze customer data specifications and provide gap analysis.
- Ability to program with APIs provided by disparate vendors.
- Create documentation for future reference, training and support purposes.
- Provide customers or internal teams with support on technical integration issues. Assist others in development.
- Mentor others regarding setup and development of integration technologies, including internal toolsets, and partner configurations.
- Facilitate training on integration techniques and methods, including creation of documentation for such training.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects at one time and be very results-oriented.
- Must work well both independently and in a team environment. Must be a self-starter.
- Develop data translation objects and data processing flow using current tools and software.
- Work closely with Project/Account Managers on customer-specific initiatives that involve data translation or integration development.
- Work independently to coordinate and solve highly complex technical data communication and transformation issues.
- Design, test and implement data translation objects (maps).
- Troubleshoot technical issues related to data transformation and flow
- Implement processes and logic to extract, transform, and distribute data across one or more data stores from a wide variety of sources.
- Optimize data integration platform to provide optimal performance under increasing data volumes.
- Develop quality standards to ensure data quality and integrity across various database systems.
- Develop data integration standards according to the organization's information services policies as well as best practices.
- Ensure high quality and optimum performance of data integration systems in order to meet business solutions.
- Formal Education & Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field. Equivalent professional experience may be substituted for education.
- Knowledge & Experience:
- 3-5 years of experience with MS SQL Server and corresponding tools and technologies
- 3+ years of experience in ETL tools
- 3-5 years of experience mapping data structures.
- In depth knowledge of generally accepted database principles, ETL techniques, and Data Normalization concepts and practices
- Understanding of the following formats, XML, CSV, XLSX
- Experience working directly with clients via WebEx, phone and email
- Experience in recognizing data anomalies, inconsistencies, variations, etc. across large diverse data sets and the aptitude to quickly deploy automated process to recognize and resolve them
- Experience with data conversion and interface issues, data conversion processes and tools
- Experience with or programming language and/or windows scripting language preferred
- Experience documenting and maintaining configuration and process information
- The ability to thrive in a fast-moving environment where the group’s priorities and your task at hand can change often and rapidly
- The ability to approach all tasks, no matter how repetitive- or small-seeming, with an almost obsessive attention to detail
- High organizational skills – you should be very organized, enjoy a challenge, and like bringing order to chaos
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Outstanding written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to demonstrate strong customer service skills, and foster a high degree of end user satisfaction through the delivery of quality and timely service
Hayes Software Systems believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. We count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
We have been developing, marketing, selling and supporting software applications for education administration for 25 years. We are a team of professionals with diverse personalities all dedicated to the same goals.
Hayes believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. This position description is designed to outline primary duties and job scope, but not limit the incumbent nor the organization to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services where ever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors. You will have the opportunity to work with a team that has a track record of success through collaborative problem solving. You will have the opportunity to participate in creating and deploying new solutions while you learn from people that are the best at what they do.
Excellent Employee Benefits and Amenities:
- Medical/dental insurance
- Simple IRA with employer contribution
- Profit sharing plan
- 10+ days paid time off
- 10+ paid company holidays
- Free parking
- On-site childcare/fitness/food market/ATM machine
- Snacks and drinks provided
- Regular social office events
- Casual and professional work environment in northwest Austin
Hayes Software Systems relies on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Please send resumes with cover letter and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Customer Support Technical Specialist- Tier 3
Are you looking for a challenge? Hayes Software Systems is seeking an enthusiastic, results driven candidate to fill a Tier 3 Customer Support Technical Specialist position. Do you know MS SQL and want an opportunity to do more with your skill set? As a Tier 3 member of our support team you will be called upon to respond to our toughest technical support issues. Come join our team where we assess customer needs, create unique solutions and resolve issues with the goal of exceeding each customer’s expectations.
- Effectively document processes, procedures and best practices
- Work calmly and methodically in high pressure situations
- Write custom reports
- Expert in MS SQL database structure
- Resolve complex data issues involving multiple tables
- Ascertain and communicate customers’ situations and empathize with them while providing guidance via phone
- Analytical and results orientated
- Outgoing personality, easily able to network with all customers
- 3 years software support experience
- High school diploma – with preference given to bachelor’s degree from accredited college
- Must have a passion for supporting customers’ success with our software applications
- High attention to detail and quality
- A positive and flexible attitude for working in a fast-paced team across various functions
- Proficient in MS office applications and experience with CRM
- Possess a passion for learning and instituting industry-leading support tactics and best practices
Send a letter telling us why you are the most outstanding candidate and what attributes you bring to the position. Include a resume that describes what you have done to prepare you to work in a dynamic, fast paced, challenging atmosphere. Email to email@example.com.
About Hayes Software Systems:
Hayes Software Systems has been developing, marketing, selling and supporting software applications for education administration since 1989. By incorporating respected methodologies with the unique needs of education professionals for over 24 years, Hayes helps over 5,500 schools across 37 states, including 25 of the top 100 largest districts in the country, implement inventory control solutions. Hayes is a privately held company specializing in inventory automation solutions and consulting services to support K-12 asset inventory and instructional material accountability. For more information, visit www.hayessoft.com
We are a family of professionals with diverse personalities all dedicated to the same goals. At our company, our employees and their families come first, followed closely by our customer schools and school districts
Product Marketing Specialist
Our Product Marketing Specialist is a positive, critical thinker with a collaborative mindset. You will be responsible for supporting corporate objectives by managing all outbound marketing activities for our products. In your role you will be the expert in buyers, how they buy and their buying criteria. You will engage with customers, prospects and internal You will utilize that knowledge to craft the messaging and positioning for our products in all product communication. You will also transfer that knowledge to the sales channel. You’ll collaborate with team members to develop innovative marketing programs that drive demand as well as highlight our market expertise. Attention to detail and an eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into benefits is crucial.
Areas of Focus:
• Sales enablement – communicate the value proposition of the products to the sales team and develop the sales tools that support the selling process of your products
• Market intelligence – be the expert on your buyers, how they buy and their buying criteria; be the expert on your competition and how to crush them
• Demand generation – develop the strategy and manage the marketing programs that drive demand for your products
• Buyer Communication - develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates and promotes our products in the market
• Create the marketing plan including methods for customer acquisition as well as customer retention
• Set SMART goals and measure effectiveness of marketing programs
• Communicate our products’ features and benefits clearly, consistently and compellingly through different marketing materials (including website, news releases, printed collateral, email newsletters, events, blog, white papers, case studies and more)
• Deliver thought leading content to buyers and customers through different marketing materials (including website, news releases, printed collateral, email newsletters, events, blog, white papers, case studies and more)
• Once written, maintain approved marketing copy (e.g. product descriptions, feature descriptions, accessory descriptions) in assigned databases for use in web and non-web materials and by other staff in and outside of Marketing
• Define buyer personas and determine market messages
• Align sales tools and the ideal sales process to the typical buying process
• Create standard and specialized presentations and demo scripts
• Facilitate channel training including competitive threats and related industry news
• Manage product marketing launch plans looking for opportunities to gain attention and traction in the marketplace.
• 4-6 years of experience in product marketing, marketing communications, or brand management
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited 4-year institution
• Must have positive and flexible attitude for working in a fast-paced team, and across various functions
• Analytical and results orientated individual in tune with revenue marketing principles
• High attention to detail and quality
• Strong project management skills and experience, including managing external agencies
• Candidates should be proficient in MS office applications and experience with CRM and marketing automation systems will be advantageous
• Analytical and results orientated individual in tune with revenue marketing principles
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including excellent writing skills
• Must possess a passion for learning industry-leading marketing tactics and best practices
• Outgoing personality, easily able to network with potential customers of all levels
• Proficiency with Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop
Salary Range: $60,000 - $65,000
Benefits: Benefit package includes: Simple IRA (with employer contribution), Profit Sharing Plan, Health, Dental, Company-paid Holidays, Vacation
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Austin, Texas