Client Engagement Manager
The Client Engagement Manager is a pro-active, blended service and revenue-focused individual tasked with creating and maintaining strong relationships with our software client base and, in particular, our large and strategic customers.
This position will manage at least one, and likely multiple, concurrent customer projects focused on customer retention and service delivery. In addition, the Client Engagement Manager will work collaboratively with internal and external resources and act as the central information source.
- Responsible for generating revenue opportunities and carrying a new-business revenue target
- Handles client outreach including in person visits – check-ins to provide strategic help, an ear for issues, and identify and work to create upsell opportunities
- Help district stakeholders achieve goals by working hand-in-hand with them to identify critical issues, find the right solutions [within and outside Hayes] and ensure successful implementation; seek out upsell / client penetration opportunities
- Serve as internal champion and main point of contact for exceptional client satisfaction outcomes (case studies, white papers, press releases, conference speaking engagements, client reference) by actively looking for and suggesting opportunities to both the customer and to the Hayes team
- Become a thought partner for customers by sharing current local, state and federal education policies, programs, trends and funding
- Ensure product/service teams are well informed about district needs, evolving issues, priorities, product use and satisfaction to guide development of new and/ or updated products/services
- Monitor and report on status of account activities – products/services sold, sales pursuits, new sales/upsell opportunities, adoption, retention, renewals, customer satisfaction
- Develop and maintain project plans, communication plans, meeting agendas and meeting minutes
- Notify team members of their deliverables and proactively communicate information required to complete tasks on time
- identify, document, and track issues, risks, and dependencies to internal and external teams throughout the customer life cycle
- Ability to work effectively and productively with varied levels of personnel, including senior executives and external clients
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Effective at time management, prioritizing tasks, and meeting deadlines
- Project management and/or consulting sales experience
- Demonstrated advanced proficiency in MS Office applications, process improvement, change management, and cross functional team management
- Experience analyzing and documenting business requirements and processes
- Proven ability to motivate team members to meet goals, deadlines, and deliverables
- Customer Facing Skills
- Relationship Management
- Solution Design Skills
- Problem Solving
- Strategic Vision & Planning
- Communication Skills
- Business Acumen
- Team Leadership
Special Skills and Requirements:
- Desire to grow the business by providing the highest quality customer experience
- Ability to understand information quickly, derive insight, synthesize information concisely, and devise solutions
- Strong customer facing, relationship building, and interpersonal skills
- Self-directed, highly motivated
- Detail oriented and pro-active
- Collaborative and consultative work style. Ability to organize and present complex material in an easily understood manner.
- Strong meeting facilitation skills
- High energy, positive attitude, with the ability to think creatively on your feet and handle multiple priorities
- Demonstrated self-confidence, honesty, integrity, and mature judgment
- Ability to travel to customer sites up to 60%
Benefit package includes: Simple IRA (with employer contribution), Profit Sharing Plan, Health, Dental, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Daily company-provided coffee, soda, and snacks,
Project Manager (Consulting Services)
Our Project Manager will plan, direct, and coordinate consulting service project activities to ensure that project goals are completed efficiently and on schedule. This Project Manager works with other internal and external team members to manage delivery of the full scope of Hayes Software Systems’ inventory management consulting services. They are responsible for ensuring that project goals and deliverables are met, and is directly accountable for the success or failure of projects he or she manages.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs project management activities with minimal oversight, including managing day-to-day operations, maintaining work plans and timelines, preparing status reports, and ensuring effective coordination with clients and team members
- Coordinates recruitment and assignment of project personnel (independent contractors, internal staff and vendors) who will perform business process improvement, change management, and client engagement activities.
- Assigns duties, responsibilities and scope of authority to project personnel
- Directs and coordinates activities to ensure project progresses on schedule and within budget
- Responds to all consulting services-related issues
- Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems
- Manages vendor/project personnel negotiations, purchasing decisions and ensures all purchasing logistics are in-line with project requirements
- Support quality improvement efforts, including process assessment, data collection and reporting, and development of dashboards and scorecards
- Assist in the development of proposals, project deliverables, white papers, and other business materials
- Meet with assigned supervisor, executive members, and clients to maintain good communication regarding project work, goals, challenges, and expected outcomes
- Assesses client needs throughout the project and manages those needs, expectations and relationships
Ability to lead and coach independent contractors, internal staff, and vendors assigned project responsibilities. While managing consulting services projects, the Project Manager will be required to supervise all project team members. Supervisory functions may include direct job management, coaching, on-the-job training, evaluating, proposing and implementing corrective and/or disciplinary action, tracking time sheets, and/or providing logistical, strategic, and technical support.
- May require 25% travel to locations throughout the United States
- Develop and maintain high levels of client satisfaction
- Develop new ideas and take a leadership role, as well as supporting other team members, on innovations that lead to new business, enhanced productivity and/or increased profit
- Excellent customer interaction and presentation skills (ability to present to different audiences and bring the message across in a concise, professional manner)
- Experience managing distributed teams, performing recruiting and hiring practices, and negotiating staffing agreements
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Ability to manage a significant amount of competing objectives
- Ability to engage and manage stakeholders at all levels, including senior executives, industry subject matter experts, to accomplish project goals
Position Type: Full-Time
Location: Austin, Texas, United States
Benefits: Medical/dental insurance • Simple IRA with employer contribution • profit sharing plan • 10+ days paid time off • 10+ paid company holidays • free parking • on-site childcare/fitness/food market/ATM machine • snacks and drinks provided • regular social office events • casual and professional work environment in northwest Austin
Sales and Marketing Analyst Internship
Immediate intern is needed to join with a team at Hayes Software Systems in the Austin, TX area. This is a hands-on internship - no running for coffee here. This internship will focus around the data management and reporting needs of our sales, services, and marketing teams. Daily tasks will include the mining and collation of data useful to the team’s strategic goals in order to support business development efforts.
WHY WE NEED YOU: Most of our team members have backgrounds in communications/writing/design/marketing/sales, but our ideal candidate for this position would be someone who can leverage analytics and metrics to scale up our impact. The position provides support to other staff with administrative tasks and activities including, but not limited to:
- Online data mining and creation of analytics, metrics, and KPIs.
- Perform analysis of marketing and sales data for weekly, monthly, quarterly reports; contribute to strategy
- Data entry and database management (cleansing/verification/standardization)
- Create presentations/content for team members and executive leadership
- Troubleshooting errors and implementing system enhancements
- Responsible for performing research and providing insights regarding the market, trends, competitors, potential and existing customers, and current campaigns
- 3.0 GPA minimum preferred
- Degree focus on Finance/Business/Statistics/Economics with data analytics interest or specialty
- Hands on experience with Excel (pivot tables, vlookup, graphs)
- Ability to leverage large amounts of disparate data sources
- Extremely organized and excellent attention to detail
- Outside-the-box problem solving skills
Inside Sales Representative
Due to rapid growth and increased demand for our software and consulting services, HSS is actively seeking an experienced sales professional to join our sales team.
As an Inside Account Executive, you will be responsible for generating leads, responding to lead generation efforts, conducting web-based and on-site demonstrations, developing customer relationships, and driving new business.
The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic, with lead gen and cold calling experience. This corporate culture attracts candidates who are results-oriented and interested in making an immediate impact in education as well as their own career.
- Responsible for prospecting and lead generation activities.
- Demonstrates the ability to achieve defined sales objectives while maintaining customer satisfaction.
- Can effectively prospect to superintendents, CIO’s, CAO’s, etc.
- Demonstrates the ability to prospect for potential customers through referrals, email, cold calling and general networking practices.
- Collaborates with industry partners and internal teams to develop programs and offerings to best meet customer’s needs.
- Represents the company at industry conferences.
- Assists in the development of and presentation of company’s pricing and proposal models.
- Prepare written status reports for clients and present topics in meetings.
- Utilizes company tools, processes and procedures to achieve desired results
- Bachelor’s degree and proficient PC skills required.
- 1-4 years experience in an inside sales capacity.
- Ability to sell technology/software/consulting solutions.
- Willingness to travel nationally once per month.
- Proven ability to achieve sales and activity quotas.
In addition to the above, we seek candidates who possess:
- outstanding communication skills
- the ability to work well independently as well as being an active participant in a team
- a strong customer service orientation
- an interest in public sector program delivery systems
- strong financial, quantitative and administrative skills
- demonstrated computer skills
- a strong work ethic
- high professional and ethical standards
- a belief and commitment to lifelong learning
Salary: $35k-$45k (based on experience/knowledge) + $10k-$25k potential in commission and bonuses
Benefits: Excellent employee benefits and amenities: medical/dental insurance • Simple IRA with employer contribution • profit sharing plan • 10+ days paid time off • 10+ paid company holidays • free parking • on-site childcare/fitness/food market/ATM machine • snacks and drinks provided • regular social office events • casual and professional work environment in Northwest Austin
Please send resumes to: Matt Winebright firstname.lastname@example.org